This class is an advance Pre-K/Kinder program, that provides an individualized education allowing students to grow at their own pace.
Your child will learn the following
- Hold/Position Pencil Correctly
- Recognize, Name, Write Upper & Lowercase Letters/Numbers with Correct Formation
- Recognize, Spell & Write First & Last Name
- Identify Oral (OPR) and Written (WPR) Phonogram sounds (1-70)
- Identify Spalding Rules & Markings
- Grammar: Types of Sentences & Parts of Speech
- Sound Out & Blend Words/Weekly Reading Groups
- Sight Word Recognition (Dolch Pre-Primer through Third Grade Sight Words)
- Recognize & Name Shapes/Colors, Verbally Count (1-130+, by 2’s, 5’s, 10’s, Backwards from 10), Count Objects 1-100 Using one-to-one Correspondence, Identify Patterns (AB, ABB, ABC), Sort by color/size/shape, Tell Time to the Hour & Half Hour, Identify Money (Name & Value) etc.
- Build Reading Comprehension through Oral/Written Testing
- Build Spelling Skills through Weekly Review, Testing & Monthly Spelling Bees
- Build Fine Motor through Cutting & Pasting etc.
- Build Gross Motor through Jumping, Throwing, Balancing etc.
- Build Social/Emotional Development through daily engaging activities with Teachers & Peers
- Build Cognitive Skills through lessons with Problem Solving Activities
- Build Speech/Communication Skills through Singing, Listening to Stories, Retelling Stories etc.
*Please note that each milestone that a child acquires builds on the last milestone developed. Also, each child is an individual and may meet developmental milestones a little earlier or later than his peers. This is because each child is unique and will develop at his or her own pace.